Thursday, April 25, 2013

Coupons

On reading the fine print on the Tim Horton coupons, I find they are only valid in Winnipeg.  Must be the volatile market here. Yesterday I enjoyed a Mocha Latte.  It tasted like they had simply added milk to the Cafe Mocha.  Well, I can get that for half the price if I just ask them to give me a double shot of milk in my Cafe Mocha, but if it's free-- I'll take it.  More worrisome is that we are just about out of soft drinks, and they haven't been on sale for awhile.  I refuse to pay almost $7 for a case of 12 cans.

David appears to have come through the eye surgery okay.  He slept a bit this afternoon,but has also spent time reading, watching tv, and on the computer.  He finds that he has to rotate them,or the eye gets tired.  Like I did, he is experimenting with Dollar store glasses to find the right pair for his various activities.

Yesterday I spent part of the day volunteering in the gallery in Selkirk.  One of the small purses I had in the gift shop has sold--a nice surprise.  On the drive, I noticed that the Pelicans are back on the river up there.  There is open water for them, but I don't think the ice has really broken up yet--probably this weekend.  They looked like blocks of white ice floating along, until they stretched their wings, and you could see the black tips, not to mention the obvious shape.  While I was there, I worked on beading my blue whole cloth quilt.  I had set up an adapted method to work, and got more than 3/4's of the job done.  Then today, while David slept, I got quite a bit more done, and should have it finished tomorrow.  I had been worried that I would never be up to finishing it, so am quite relieved.

So we are settled in for awhile, with nothing urgent scheduled, except David's return visit to the opthamologist at 8:10 tomorrow morning.  Another day to be up before breakfast, but with coupons we'll be compensated!  And for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment