Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Giant Tiger

North Bay just opened it's first Giant Tiger store on Saturday. We have watched the construction of this new building over the winter - amazing actually how fast these things go up and especially how they finish the inside and have it all stocked so quickly. We went in yesterday and NOT the opening day on Sat - apparently the parking lot was full with little room to manoevre that day. It is in the smaller Mall in North Bay along side a No Frills store, the Galaxy Theatre complex, and other stores such as Winners, Hart and Stitches. I bought a bag of 20 pairs of mens socks for $10.00 - I go through socks quickly and thought this would be a deal. I always have to consider the tightness of the sock around my calf but these seem to be OK so far - when I get a hole in the heel now I can just throw it away and grab another pair. It is a disposable world! My car is in for its Spring inspection and change of tires today. I told you Harry's van is on the road now, so I could take my car in finally. The drivers door is a little off the hinge - The Manager says it is the pins and needs to be fixed or else I may lose my door - I guess? The oil indicator was down to below 10 % and the light came on the dash - I never usually leave it this long. We don't get coupons like you do Patty - probably no incentive in a rural area. We have won a $20.00 gift certificate on the radio andgot lunch at Mcdonalds in North Bay. It was a bad move as it was March break and every kid and their parent was in there too. We didn't think we would go back.I also had no idea what the food was they have weird names for hamburgers and drinks. Mike's lady works at a Mcdonalds in North Bay while finishing her University and she doesn't really like it, but takes what she can. Juggles courses and online studies with her work shifts.And Mike is finishing his course also online ( I don't know that I could do a course on line) He was in Alberta for a Military tasking and is a little behind in his homework now. When we saw him yesterday, he was starting to panic a bit to get caught up.Roads are starting to be fixed now after the rain and destruction. Still several detours right in Sundridge. Harry's sisters road washed out so she has to take a long detour from her house to get onto the highway to get into Huntsville for work.. We saw pictures of the downtown area - we were there shopping a day before the rain came and now the whole area is covered with water. More frightening is the fierce flow of the rivers through town and the force it is showing going downstream and flooding over banks and roads and covering houses. it showed one water area where there were five docks washed along the edges = torn from thier moorings. It will take awhile to get back to normal but unfortunately, great worry as it is to rain more on Thurday and Friday this week.. I shall have to be on guard myself here at home to manage the rain again. I am looking for my yellow rain suit but can't find it, I was soaked through two or three sets of cloths the other day running around in the yard! Well, almost time to get at it for another day - coffee is done, and the dog is looking for her morning walk. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment