Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday, the day of rest..

at least for me, if not for Rrain.  She is performing twice today at the music festival.  I am planning on going in for at least one of the performances, but right now I am not feeling very good.  And it is not because of the beer tasting last night.  All I had to drink was the one beer that the guys from the Farmery Brewery bought for the volunteers at the end of the evening.  I had put aside some of the open tasting bottles for us to taste as we cleaned up, but one over zealous worker emptied them all out while I was moving stuff.  Oh well.  The two breweries represented there donated so many prizes for draws.We weren't expecting anything so it was all a bonus.  I didn't win any of them, but there was a bar sign and a bottle opener left over that Lynne & Rrain gave me.  Rrain & Kathleen did such a good job on organizing this.  And it was fun.  The band even played for beer instead of money.  And I think all of them bought a ticket to attend, too.  I am just hoping that the left over beer doesn't freeze in the back of our truck.  It got pretty cold last night (Again!!) and we aren't taking it back until tomorrow.  There was less left than I expected, but we are still taking back quite a bit.  Since Jim and I worked all evening we never had a chance to use our tasting tickets so we each traded them in on a whole beer. I picked a Fort Garry Red Ale and I think Jim picked a Muskoka beer from the Farmery.  There sure are a lot of beers in the world.  My table had one called Old Engine Oil (and it looked like it)  It was a very thick porter.  We got our offers from Teranet on Friday (My new employer)  There was a $500.00 signing bonus in the offer so that was a nice surprise.  I am staying with them since there are really no other government jobs in Neepawa and I am not moving.  there is a good chance for a promotion right now since there was quite a "brain drain" of older employees choosing to retire.  Teranets vision has employees doing Provincial work from their own regional offices so I could get one of the (so called) Winnipeg jobs and stay in Neepawa.  We will see.   I have been up for over 5 hours and have done nothing but one load of laundry today.  Definitely a day of rest (my feet hurt!) Have a great week..

No comments:

Post a Comment