Sunday, April 28, 2013

Vivid description...

Hi, and quite a picture you painted Cathy - I could see you "vegging" out but then who says a nice glass of wine in a comfortable space is not all we really want - no party animal in me either haha!
The daily calendar I have this year is not quite as consistently inspirational as last years but from time to time jolts me with a good one - "Better to light one candle than to curse the dark - Chinese Proverb" I thought it was great and one that I can repeat to myself when the need presents itself. I took advantage of it yesterday when we went to North Bay. Harry wanted to go to the Bin Store for doggie treats and while there I spotted the Tim Horton kiosk across the corridor. I thought of you Patty and said to myself "why not" So I crossed over and got in queue behind approximately 15 others - the line was outside the kiosk area and down the mall corridor a bit but noone seemed concerned least of all me. I got a nice coffee for myself, and Harry wanted a ice cappucino and so with a Tims in hand, off to the car we went. It is amazing how good it felt for me. One must take advantage of such opportunities right? Anyway, I had to go back to North Bay today on my own, but had some car problems. At the gas station I couldn't get the key out of the ignition. Struggling for about 10 minutes and finally it could be removed. from the gas station I went to Walmart because Harry wanted some spray clear acrylic paint for lawn ornaments he is painting. As I stopped the car the same thing happened and no way would the key turn or come out. Fortunately I was still able to start the car so decided to head home. I backed the car into the driveway and left it run for Harry to try but it will still not work for him and a squirt of WD 40. The key is stuck/locked in the auxiliary slot of the three positions (Off and Auxiliary and Start) so I guess it is off to the garage again - My car was at the garage for three days last week getting multi work done - far more required than I ever expected. I was wondering if Patty, you and Dave went out for a Birthday meal to celebrate Gillians B'day? I pictured you having another apple pancake and my mouth was watering just thinking about it. well, I'm bushed from my exciting days plus all the outside work, so off to bed for me. No wine to sip! Oh well - apparently the LCBO employees will be going onstrike just before the May 24 weekend. Should I stock up? I read the article in the Free Press about Point du Bois. I was there twice when Daddy was working there - once with Gary an old boyfriend and then with Harry when we visited once. I loved the area and even spent time camping around there and Wallace Lake in my wilder single days - say what, and when was that you ask?  haha Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment