Monday, April 22, 2013

Strange facts, and general whimsy

Did you know that we have had over 20,000 page views of this blog?  There has to be other people reading it. Too bad they don't leave comments, but do we really want to hear --  " What drivel!" or " Who cares?".

The snow is now only waist height in the front yard, and hip height in the back.  It has disappeared from the south facing flower bed beside the garage.  Yesterday I noticed that the rhubarb is up, and yesterday we had two more inches of snow. Cold, wet, heavy snow.  You really can't kill rhubarb or peonies.

 I don't often read the silly e-mails that I get and even less often forward any of them. I did send the one with the cat in the snow,and today I will be sending you one with a whole slide show of pictures, all reflecting a very warped view of the  reality of winter in Canada.  Some of them are obviously staged, but still worth a giggle.

Today our mail was exciting. There were coupons from A&W, but none for onion rings.  There were coupons from McDonald's, that we probably won't use.  Shaw wants to sell us something, and three realtors want to sell our house.  Shooting Star wants us back, but they've raised the price of their rooms, so forget it. There was a lot of other crap but then, at the bottom of the pile, Rejoice, there is a god, coupons from Tim Horton's, and good ones, too.  Never seen them before.  I can only think that the competition between Tim's and McDonald's is really heating up.

Got into the studio today, and finished up some "donkey" work that has been plaguing me.  This meant that I have been able to take the first steps in a new piece.  While sorting and cleaning up I found two pieces that had been started and put aside for some reason.  Both have merit and both could end up being suitable for the Pinawa sale in July.  so, over the next couple of weeks I plan to devote a fair bit of time to them.  My Ravenesque group is coming here on May 6th, and I'll need to have something to show them. We have a couple of new ladies joining us for the first time, and I feel the need to demonstrate that we are serious artists.

So, in closing, just let me say that I am grateful for Tim Horton coupons.  Hurray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment