Sunday, April 7, 2013

Thinking of summer

Yesterday morning was wonderful.  It was damp and somewhat misty.  You know,- not rain, or wet mist, but rather the soft gentle ephemeral atmosphere that makes you think of Celtic legends and fairies.

We went to Walmart, and walking in the door there was a display of sandcastle making tools.  I have never seen anything like this before.  They were plastic and mainly containers/molds ( buckets) that were shaped like walls and turrets etc. There were also shovels that had shaping blades.  What a neat idea!

Today I was out to Selkirk to the opening reception of my friend Val's one-woman fibre art show.  I know how hard she has been working on this, and was pleased to see a variety of pieces using a variety of techniques.  Very nicely put together. (Cathy and Keri--this is the lady who made the ladybug piece in the From Away show)  The added bonus was that I knew most of the people who were there, and was able to touch base with several acquaintances, and even some friends.  As a result, when Dianne comes over tomorrow, another friend, Trina, will be joining us.  Dianne plans to come around 11:00. We will spend the afternoon together, have supper, and then head to Ft. Garry for our monthly Ravenesque meeting. Trina has offered to drive me and bring me home.    I told Dianne that if she was going to be here for lunch, I would feed her home made tomato /lentil soup and she promptly said she would bring a sandwich.  So now I am feeding all of us supper, but have a menu planned that meets with everyone's approval.

Just before I left the reception in Selkirk, there was a group of us talking about "Arrow".  I had no idea so many local ladies watch the show, but we all agreed it wasn't because of the acting, but rather the eye candy.  It seems that I have joined a "cult".

No comments:

Post a Comment