Friday, April 5, 2013

snow & freezing rain.....

hmmm.  In the words of Gomer Pyle "surprise surprise surprise"  What else could we expect.  Actually it isn't as bad as they forecast (so far)  I think most of it must have stayed south of us. Busy day at work and then to top it off once again we won nothing at meat draw.  I have a meeting Sunday so I have to get everything done tomorrow.  It wouldn't be bad if I hadn't thought the meeting was next week and saved up all sorts of house stuff for this weekend.  Good excuse to do nothing.  I really have to go shopping tomorrow.  We have some dried and canned stuff but I am right out of fresh things.  I want to convince Jim to make a big batch of spagetti sauce for Sunday.  That way I won't have to get anything ready when I get home from my meeting   Next Saturday, besides being Beth's birthday, is the beer tasting.  They have ordered some really wild brands.  Nothing national... all smaller brewerys.    Next week I have to move into Mallorie's office.  My area is large with 3 windows.  Hers is very cramped with 1/2 a window.  I talked to the facilities manager and he put in a work order to remove the window air conditioner and replace the opening window.  That may make the room seem less like a cell.  The furniture is large and fills the space.  there is also a lot a garbage in it to be sorted.  As if I will have time.  I had hoped by acting status would be reflected on my pay cheque this week but it wasn't.  I guess the longer it takes the more back pay I get. (I hope!!!)  It is early, (9:38) but I was up at 5am, so I am getting kind of tired.  Jim is asleep on the couch beside me.  He has taken to sleeping for a couple of hours every evening and then being up until 2am!  It is my bedtime by 10pm.  And speaking of that.... I am off (with my book) 

No comments:

Post a Comment