Friday, April 19, 2013

Quite a few hard days...

....I realize that my woes with water pale in comparison to threatening flooding in Manitoba but it has been a real challenge these past two days. Made my winter look tame! Such torrential rain and thunder lightening yesterday - unrelentless the entire day. And power outages as well. We had two sump pumps going - one in front and one at the back and it still got the best of us. Then when power went out, the old hand and shovel went into full force. I just went from back to front in a rotation with growing frustration, water in basement through the window well at the back, and a few tears to add to the water haha. The good part was the higher above zero temperatures and for that fact, the greenhouses were pretty much left on their own. No heaters on, and few covers but they managed well in spite of it. It is supposed to be even higher temps today but the rain persists as I write this note. I am managing it OK for now. I put on a Daniel O'Donnel music DVD and I am sitting with my crochet prayer shawl working at it, pumping water and drinking coffee! However, the snow is disappearing. Roads around the area have sink holes and are closed including Highway 11 just north of North Bay. To put it into perspective though, I am hearing the lastest reports from Manitoba and does not sound good. I will soon put on the WFP website which I follow every Spring. I send my short greetings for today and wish you a good weekend hoping you are not in too much distress right now with this wonderful display of Mother Nature. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment