Monday, April 1, 2013

Best laid plans etc

David wasn't feeling well Saturday afternoon and by bed time was very sick, throwing up etc ( all of the etc's).  He declined help and decided to sleeping the spare room, but I had barely got into bed when he came out and suggested that he needed help.  So off to emergency, where we were resigned to a long wait. (Saturday night of a long weekend, in emergency--what a zoo!!)  But, for future reference, passing out in the waiting room moves you up the triage list quickly.  He was a pretty sick boy.  No firm diagnosis, but suspected food poisoning and severe dehydration.  The doctor didn't want him left alone, and I was allowed into keep an eye on him.  So we were both there all night. He dozed a bit, while they were pumping fluid into him through both arms, but I didn't.   I called Dianne at 7:30 Sunday morning, from the parking lot and we agreed to re-schedule--don't know when, but probably next Monday, when she will be coming to town anyway.  We got home and slept for most of the day.  He's still not doing that well, still sleeping a lot, but has a doctor's appointment for tomorrow.

Had an unexpected phone call today from the fellow who bought my big piece, "Inua: Spirit in the Wind", in Pinawa last July.  He asked if he could come by on Wednesday, to pay for it, and pick it up.  Surprise!  I had totally given up on that.  Mind you, I had envisioned all sorts of cruel fates for him, for not following up and causing me to lose two other valid sales.  And I was darn sure that it wouldn't appear at the sale this year.  So a pleasant event, and I'm very grateful that I didn't say anything that I might have now regretted.  Now let's hope he actually shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment