Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Long day..

...started at 3:30 am when the rain was getting heavier and so up I got and out side to set up the sump pump and shovel puddles of accumulated water around the back of the house - I fear it coming into the basement. Have you ever held a flashlight in your mouth in the dark while trying to shovel water and mud? Then up to North Bay at 630 am to pick up Aunt Evelyn at 730 am and over to the Hospital for 8 am for her scope. everything went very well and we were back to her house by 1130 am. The instructions included the proviso that a "responsible adult be with her for 24 hours" Now I was not anticipating this but stayed with her until about 3 pm when things were just fine and I decided to come home. I just spoke with her on the phone and she is fine. We had a nice lunch together and she was not showing any signs of compromise nor did she indicate any difficulties. They gave her versed so she said she didn't even know she had the procedure! It was actually a nice break for me and if one could say such an event could be enjoyable, I enjoyed my day! I am also very happy because I got lots of birthday cards yesterday and today in the mail - I was feeling a bit down on Saturday because there were no cards - can never tell what Canada Post is up to with delivery schedules anymore. Warmer temps and sun brings a bit of melting and one can see the snow quickly leaving. Mind you still lots to go, but refreshing to see things changing remarkably every day. However, I don't really know anymore what to wear outdoors - today I wore my light spring coat to go to North Bay, but also put on my old winter jacket to walk the dog down to the lake this evening. It feels out of place now, but I don't have a comparable lighter jacket to put on. I figure noone is really looking at me, but on the other hand, they are probably thinking poor thoughts about that old lady who always walks her dog! I am anxious to get to bed tonight as sleep has eluded me lately and I am ever so hopeful that I might have a good night.. I made stuffed peppers for supper last night - had a great urge to try them and as I had an abundance of ripe peppers in the fridge, and over ripe tomatoes on the counter, it was a good choice to use up ingredients. Turned out very tasty even if I do say it myself. I always like to hear about your adventures with new dishes - hope the marzipan slice was everything you hoped for Patty!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment