Monday, April 1, 2013

What a weekend

Sorry to hear about Dave.  Puts everything into perspective doesn't it?  Our dog Nika was sick this weekend.  We thought she might have had a stroke on Saturday night.  We took her to the vets today and she says Nika had a seizure and not a stroke.  She says that she has a brain tumor.  They could do an MRI and biopsy but at her age is would be mean to do it to her.  Nika is on prednisone now, which may reduce the size of the tumor, but will most likely just help her deal with the seizures.  It could be days or months, but the vet did tell me what to look for for signs that she is getting worse or is in pain.  Meanwhile she is happy, but has poor balance, poor eyesight, tilted head, confusion, yada yada yada, but she knows us now.  (on saturday she was so confused she didn't know who we were or where she was).  Why do we have pets?!?   It is really cold here now. Hard to believe they were in the fields by mid-march last year.  There is soooo much snow and there is more forecast this week.   We have a beer tasting here in a couple of weeks.  I think it will be fun to try some different beers without having to buy a whole bottle.  I have to be one of the servers but hopefully we will have enough that I will only have to work one shift.  IF not, oh well.  That will teach me to get my servers permit. I think I am busy every weekend this month.  Keeps me out of trouble.  (oh darn)     Hope the snow stops for you, Beth and that Dave feels better real soon.  It's April.  The weather has to warm up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment