Saturday, April 6, 2013

I was NOT the winner....

Someone took home the $40 M last night but it was not us. Alas, back to the drawing board.
And we all sound as if we are fed up with this weather so lets focus on Summer rather than Spring and maybe things will change? I am using a new keyboard and cordless mouse that was purchased yesterday and it is surprising how even a slight change in keyboard can set you off a bit. I know keyboards are supposed to be essentially the same, but still feels different and therefore a few mistakes are made. I was amazed with viewing your Mouse Factory blog Patty and sat looking at the closeups with my jaw dropping. By coincidence, the other day in Value Village I purchased two small books Decorative Beading and Beading For The First Time. There is a sample of a bookmark using peyote stitch with instructions and I think I could tackle this to start. I have all sorts of beads and I did do this stitch at Quilt Canada in Ottawa years ago. I will never challenge your expertise with beading, but I can pretend I can do some little things to appease my desires.haha We got to the Sewing Centre yesterday and I had the machine done. The needle threader was off and he fixed that ( I knew this and told him before he started so he was willing to have a look and straighten it if he could) He also said there was a lot of red fluff deep inside - this would be from the nine square quilt I did with red thread. I was able to clean out a bit inside the bobbin area at the time but I guess it had accumulated inside as well. Overall very pleased with process even if my machine was in very good condition without too much use. Maybe I should change that, and try to get back at it??? It got especially cold last night so I will have to check inside the greenhouses sooner than later today - the electric heaters keep them above freezing but not much higher - early this morning both were reading around 40 degrees F on the thermometers I have hanging inside the window but that doesn't always tell the real story for all the shelves and condition of some plants not directly in line for heat from the heaters. When I look at the yard with piles of snow and ice I wonder if we will ever get the ground ready to plant these things. Anyway, I have a coffe beside me and a toasted tomato sandwich for my breakfast and will get ready to start another day. Have a nice weekend, Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment