Saturday, May 18, 2013

And now it's Saturday

Most of this week has been spent dyeing fabric.  After giving it some thought, I started preparing supplies for several projects I have in mind for over the next few months.  This means that my hands are green, purple and red.  (Yes, I wear gloves.  I could wear a full body suit and still end up with coloured hands.)  Yesterday I had to attend a meeting and sat there hoping no-one would notice my hands. Tonight I managed to get a ticket to the Embroiderers Association Banquet out at the University.  They are having their national conference here this week.  I had tried ( not that hard!) to get a ticket, and mentioned it to an acquaintance last week.  The next thing, I get a phone call from a woman who had one, but was unable to go and didn't want any money for it!  It is supposed to be waiting for me at the door.  ( fingers crossed).  I was somewhat looking forward to seeing people that I haven't seen in years, but my friend Dianne called to offer a ride, seeing as she is a special guest (say what?!?).  Her mother founded the organization, so I guess it's alright.  We chatted about parking--feasible as she has a handicap sticker,--but in the end decided that it would be too risky to rely on finding any, so David will drive us in her car and we'll call him to pick us up. So, I had a nap and curled my hair and put on a decent outfit ( yes I did own one), and then discovered that I no longer own any make-up.  What's more, I can't remember the last  time I used any.  Oh My! And, here I sit waiting for my ride.

My friend Carolyn, who now lives in Montreal, is the guest speaker, and has prepared a very detailed history of the organization as it's their 40th anniversary.  I'm quite looking forward to her speech.

David has been busy getting estimates for repairing/replacing our eaves trough   It has been held together (not well) with a wish and a prayer for a couple of years, and now seriously needs attention. We hope to be able to get leaf guards as well, so that he doesn't have to climb up onto the roof so often.  I stay close to act as a spotter, but there is no way I could prevent disaster if anything were to occur.  I'm not looking forward to spending the money, but know that it's inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment