Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Yes--summer is here

Over weekend David had run into a small problem with his eye, but managed to get an urgent appointment with the surgeon for first thing yesterday morning.  He was very thoroughly examined and it appears that the problem was a minor one, and nothing to worry about, although he is to monitor it and head back if anything further occurs.  At the same time the doctor said that he was healing very well, there was no need to continue wearing the eye shield for sleeping, and that he could resume normal activities, limiting heavy lifting to a maximum of 50 pounds.  So, yesterday, he was out in the garden, too.  He's planning to pace himself, but we'll see if he can stick to that. lol

Sunday and the rest of Monday was spent getting ready for my Ravenesque ladies to visit last night.  Two new ladies came, including Lea Frame ( Alida).  She brought a friend who does the most interesting and awe inspiring work.  I was blown away.  I think this lady will be joining us again. So, with that meeting behind me, I can settle down and start planning my studio activities for the next 8 months.  I have been given a gallery show in December, and hope to be able to complete mostly new work for it.  One of the ladies last night has just taken down a show in the same gallery, and I was able to pick her brains about it. There will be a fair bit of work, as I will have to do all of my own publicity, which is a little different than other galleries, but the commission on sales is much lower, so I guess it all evens out.

But  the first event coming up is the class I'm teaching in Selkirk at the end of the month.  I think I have everything I need, but I want to sit down and sort it all out in my mind.

For yesterday, I am very, very grateful that there is no problem with David's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment