Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wind

Will it never stop?  I did the inside of most of my windows yesterday, but I am still waiting for  a calmer day for the outside.  I planted a bunch of flowers in my containers, but I haven't put the bedding plants in the garden yet.  I worry about the blowing sand cutting them off.  It doesn't sound like it is going to calm down anytime soon, so I guess I will have to chance it.  Most things are coming up in the garden now.... including the weeds.   I searched for some small fencing to go around my flower beds (just to discourage the dogs)  I couldn't find what I wanted, so Jim has spent the last couple of days in his shop cutting up boards to make me a short picket fence.  I think it is going to look really nice.  I guess I better weed my flower garden and find some flowers.  I need some potting soil so I will head to town to pick some up later.  Our soil here is so sandy that I like to mix it up a bit to give the plants a chance.  It's just for in my flower pots.  I was up early and finished my library book.  I was going to renew it, but someone else requested it so I have to take it back today.  It was "The Bone Bed" by Patricia Cornwell.  I took out 4 books and saved that one for last, cause it sounded quite good  I guess I should have read it

No comments:

Post a Comment