Saturday, May 11, 2013

Biking

It has rarely been warm enough to bike here, and when it is, the wind is howling. Gusts between 40-60 k seems to be the most frequent weather prediction.  Same forecast for tomorrow.  Since he was cleared for most activities, David has been able to get the bikes ready, but we haven't been out on them yet.  He has been slowly working on the lawn and gardens, and seems to be pacing himself fairly well.

So this gives me time in the studio.    I've been looking for simple patterns etc, that I could use in the quilting group that has started at the local Active Living Centre.  Some fool volunteered to help them get it up and running, and then found out that most of the ladies interested were absolute beginners.  One is short of money, and has no sewing machine, so wants to learn to do it all by hand, others have sewn before but never quilted, and my friend/acquaintance, Shirley, has offered to help me. Guess I have my work cut out for me.

I've also been re-looking at some UFO's that I found when I did a bit of a clean-up recently.  Got most of one finished today, just some hand work and finishing to do. ( See other blog) The second one had been partially quilted, and David pulled all of that out for me. Bless him.  I have a hunch that I'll need to do a bit of dyeing before I start working on it, and the fabric needs washing, in any case.

Otherwise, I seem to be doing a lot of sleeping.  This is maybe a good thing, as for awhile, I was having trouble getting enough sleep, and spent most of the night up prowling around.  It takes time away from the studio, but I feel so much better for getting the sleep. and for that I am grateful.  We have nothing planned for Mother's Day, but I expect to see Jessica and Samantha on Monday evening, as Jess has a baseball game, and Amber needs/wants to be at the gym. Darren is away guiding for the month of May, as usual, and Amber needs  a bit of time for herself, so the gym works well.

If anything exciting happens around here, I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment