Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cold weather coming this weekend.

So we are looking ahead to what to do with the plants in preparation for frost. Most are all out now. Spent whole day replanting and rearranging. We must have everything ready for Saturday but certainly Sunday and Monday night will be below zero. I plan to cover hanging baskets with garbage bags and have sheets ready to cover the tomatoes in pots all over the yard. The other single pots will be put back into greenhouses best I can. To add to the excitement, Harry plans to go to Kirkland Lake first thing Monday morning - don't know how this will happen if we get frost Sunday night and everything is covered up - he usually likes to leave about 4 or 5 am. Also, Mike and Erin have invited us to their place for cake and coffee Sunday afternoon to celebrate Mothers Day. Of course I plan to go even if it means lots of work to cover up when we get home. We went to Huntsville today to deliver plants to Harry's brother in law (85 tomato plants and a flat of peppers) It helped to reduce what we have here a little haha I am back to reading the Ereader - the new one which is working great. I guess I never realized that the other one was not functioning at optimum as this new one works with the touch of a finger on the screen - the other one required me to tap several hard times in order for a page to turn. Anyway, I just had my supper of licorice allsorts, so will get ready for bed now. I missed ARROW last night as Harry bought some Postcards off Kijiji and we had to drive to North Bay for 7 pm pick up. We went a little early and ate at the North Buffet - a Chinese style buffet restaurant. Since I don't like some of the offered dishes, I stuck to Spring Rolls, Chicken Balls and Battered fish, with broccoli and cauliflower veg picked out of another dish of unknown origin. I also had chicken fried rice which I thought was a safe bet! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment