Sunday, May 19, 2013

It's Sunday... I see trend developing

I even slept in this morning.  It was 8:58 when I crawled out of bed for the last time.  (My bladder got me up earlier)  I made myself stay up 'til midnight last night hoping I would sleep later and it helped.  And I don't have to get up for work for a whole week.  I just made myself a chai tea latte on my tassimo and so my day begins.  It rained all day yesterday and things look so fresh and green right now.  I wish it would last, but I know things will be brown by July.  At least by then the woodticks will be gone. (I hope!!!)  I don't have my bedding plants in yet, but they are living outside now.  It looks like frost may be over finally.  If it dries up enough I want to do some work today, but the %$^#&*) wind is supposed to be around 60 km.  I was supposed to cover at the Legion from 5 to 7 last night.  Cara had to work the whole day and wanted a bit of a break.  BUT, her husband fell asleep and didn't get supper ready in time so she just ran out for a coffee and went home to see her kids for a while.  I only had to cover for about 1/2 an hour.  Her husband was going to bring her some supper later.  The Saturday snack (it seems to have become a custom at the round table) was fried bannock and summer sausage. I didn't need any supper when I got home.  Today I have a crock pot full of Daddy's ribs on.  Yummy!  I am going to make hamburger soup, too.  I know I have this week off work, but something seems to be happening every day.  Just small things.  Wednesday I have a meeting, Thursday Jessica (grade 5) needs a ride to her school play, and of course I am going to stay and watch it.  Friday is the day we can pick up the apple trees at the school.  Every grade 5 kid gets an apple tree and Jessica is giving us hers this year.  We already have her sister's from last year, and her brother says we can have his next year.  They rent and wanted a more permanent home for the trees.  I wanted to get my window's washed,but I am not doing it when the wind is howling.  All it does is blow more sand and dirt and it sticks to the windows.. expecially if they are wet.  I guess I'll do the inside first, but I like doing the outside so that when I clean the inside you can tell that it has been done  When the outside is still dirty it feels like you have done nothing.  I guess I should think about brunch (I can't call it breakfast when it is quarter to 10!)  I have a whole week of brunches ahead of me!  Now,that is something to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment