Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Today was another great big test of one's fortitude

And by that I mean the ability to hold it together while battling the torrential rain with thunder and lightening storm. I shoveled and pumped and yet the rain seemed to have the upper hand. Foot deep around the house at front and back. I was up last night through another storm but it was managable - not like today. Dave said he was sending your rain my way but I think he might have gone a little overboard? And apparently another few days of storms and then Thursday the temp drops and we hit freezing with potential snow for Thursday night and into Friday. I am already planning my strategy for covering up the plants which seem to increase in number around the yard every day. I really don't have enough old sheets and blankets so plan to buy some huge garbage bags and maybe can cover hanging baskets etc with them?? I can still put some back into the greenhouses too so that may help.
I picked up my car at garage today - all I can say is another big bill, but at least it started and got me home and into the driveway. Who knows what it will do tomorrow haha We received another DVD of Daniel O'Donnell in the mail today and I took some time this afternoon to watch it - always a very nice way to spend one's time while crocheting my latest shawl. I was reading my Ereader last night before bed and all of a sudden it stopped and a message came up saying I had to charge the battery. It was dead! I was so involved with the story reading that I never even looked at the little battery icon to know it was low. So today I plugged it into the computer while we went out and it charged without a problem. So maybe I can read some more tonight and finish this latest book. It is 88%  read according to the message at the top - funny when you read a paper book, you never know the exact percentage you have read - you only flip through the pages remaining to give you an idea of how far along you are. Whole different way to read with these readers. Cathy, do you use your reader at all? I know you have real books because you mentioned having to go to the library today. I made a rhubarb kuchen today with fresh picked rhubarb and it is so nice and firm. Many more cuttings left on the patch yet,  and lots of recipes to make. Hope you have enough at home for your wine, and jam and to freeze. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment