Monday, May 6, 2013

So summer has arrived for all of us?

Apparently Cathy, your snow has left and you are now enjoying the outdoors. Spent most of the day in the yard doing everything that needed attention. And all over everything needed attention. I just came in from enjoying a Chai Latte while relaxing in the chair on the patio which was cleaned today by me haha Sort of a christening, of sorts for good times to come? The plumber came this morning and replaced the water tank, so now the pump functions as it should and all is well.  Well, I guess that is until I receive his invoice in the mail! Harry went to the Foodland and bought a bucket of chicken for supper that we nibbled on outdoors. I have a pile of washing to do - kept piling up waiting for the plumber to fix the problems. Now no excuse except for the Smart Meter time frames - after 7 pm or on weekends is the lower of rates so I usually do it all on the weekend. Harry has made arrangments to go up to Kirkland Lake next week to take his brother some tomato plants. It will be a quick trip up and back but it will help to make more room for us to work around all the plants. All are so dry and really need to be transplanted to larger pots but much has been left undone this year. The new neighbour next door has striped and painted both the front and back porches from an off white colour to red!! It looks fantastic, and I told him so. He said that after they bought the house about six months ago he has been thinking about how it would look and wasn't sure whether his plan would actually materialize as he envisioned. I think he is happy that it has turned out  for him They live in Holland and he leaves this week for home but apparently will be back in July. Eventually they will retire here but for now will travel back and forth. His wife is still in Holland so I have not met her yat but I have met her sister who lives across the street - I haven't really got to know her either but have seen her in the yard. I received an invite to attend the retirement party for an old work mate from my Home Care life. She has been counting the weeks and months and finally the end of May she will be done. She is one of the old group of which my friend Sue is also included. I believe it would be fun to see some of the old gang but time will tell if I will go - it is June 5 in Bracebridge at a place called Inn on the Falls. I guess if I go, I'll have to clean up and look presentable?? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment