Sunday, May 5, 2013

Summer!

At least until Wednesday when the forecast high is 8.  Meanwhile, 12, 5 gallon buckets later, my poop patrol is done for another year.  I suggested that next year we keep an area that we clear of snow and the dogs will poop there and we can pick it up as soon as it freezes!  Good idea, but implementation is another story.  I tilled the garden this morning and we hope to get the potatoes in tomorrow.  (Which I have booked off work... and it is supposed to be 21!!)  Probably I will sit outside and read.   You would think that by now I would learn to use work gloves, but NOOOOOO.  Cathy seems to have a thing for big blisters and slivers.  I am headed to town soon to a "fashion show"  Rrain belongs to the Choraliers and they are doing 2 short sets of 6os music.  It should be fun and afterwards we are coming home to a steak bbq.  Jim is all set.  Steak, baked potatoes, caeser salad,and garlic toast.  I am drooling just anticipating it.  Poor Jim.  No hat..no hair...sunburn.  His head is real red today.  He has a hat on now but he says it is tender.   I sat outside for a while after we went grocery shopping.  Rodney came by and then the neighbours dropped over.  It must be warming up.  People are coming out of their homes again. We still have piles of snow in places but they are disappearing  fast.   I hope a late spring means a late fall  Summers is too short as it is.   Enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment