Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A few words before the day begins

Today I get my hair cut at 9 am. I really did try to let it grow but enough already! I am destined to have short hair that I can manage minimally. I was actually thinking about the upcoming eye appointments and Sx and realizing that to have short hair would be preferable.
I took the dog out for a little walk early and was presented with blowing heavy snow - so heavy I could not see much in front of me. Add the treacherous icy covering under the snowy ground and I feared again for falling so home I came. Our yard is treacherous as well with all the thawing and rain and now the freezing. Still hovering around the freezing point but should drop suddenly today (according to weather report) We went to Midland on Monday only to see that the store was closed. So we each had a Sub sandwich and headed back to Coldwater where we surprised our Friend Shirley - I was the surprised one. I knew she had been hospitalized several times over past few years. But there she sat on the chesterfield. Her Helping Hands worker answered the door. Shirley is very compromised with what I expect is maybe Respiratory issues and has trouble with activities of daily living although can manage personal care and nutrition still on her own quite well. I got her new phone number so now can communicate more frequently and let her know if we will visit (instead of the surprise on Monday) Yesterday we made another unexpected trip to Sturgeon Falls in the afternoon (west of North Bay) to pick up another Aerogarden machine that Harry bought off Kijiji. That makes three he has now.  Anyway, time to sign off and get ready for my hair appointment. Will try to write more later. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment