Thursday, January 9, 2014

Survived!

Up at 4:45, we made it to Grace by 6:15, and then played "hurry up and wait', until 8:30.  I was then taken to the surgical waiting area, where I met the doctors and nurses who would be in the OR.  It was a nice gesture that my surgeon met me at the door of the operating suite to greet me and tell me what would be happening while I was there.  After surgery to Recovery,where I again waited for about 2 hours, until they decided I could go back to the original area, where I waited until 1:00. Then I was asked if I could pee.  Can I pee?? You better believe I can pee!  I then had to pee while two nurses watched so they could be assured that, yes, I really did pee.  Only then did they call David to tell him to come and get me.  Finally home about 3:30, where, after sorting myself out, it was back to bed.  I found out that the reason they had been so anxious to take the thing out, was because they were concerned about the size of it.  Not a golf ball, but rather a quite large egg shaped thing, well encapsulated.  They are quite certain it is benign, but I have been promised a call after the Pathology results get back.  So now at least two weeks until I can get back to swimming.

So we had Chinese food for supper, and now I can look forward to going back to bed again, but without my little friend..

No comments:

Post a Comment