Sunday, January 5, 2014

Too cold for me

I don't want to set foot outside today.  Bad enough that I have to go out tomorrow!  Poor David had to go out this morning to bring our recycling bin in from the curb.  It went out Wednesday evening for pick up Thursday, but wasn't emptied until sometime during the night, last night.  Those poor guys have been working around the clock since Thursday.  The workers riding hanging onto the backs of the trucks aren't well dressed at the best of times.  I imagine they are freezing these days.

I tried to take advantage of no outside appointments yesterday, and try to get some housework done.  David had been blowing snow in the morning and was too beat to help much, so I attempted the laundry, although I can't carry it upstairs.  Then I puttered tidying up the kitchen and the basement.  My cooking these days is accomplished in the simplest way possible.  I just don't have the physical or mental energy to put too much into it.  We had planned on roasting a chicken tonight, but when we checked the freezer there were NO chickens!  Who stole my chickens?  I was sure there were a couple left, but, alas, I guess we ate them all.  So today I'll have to spend a bit of time doing a rough inventory of the freezers.  We bought a bit of meat this month, but I've noticed that the beef has been creeping back into our diets.  Salt as well, so I'll have to monitor that a little more closely.

Today, David plans to make a batch of shortbread.  We have the supplies, and I guess he didn't get enough of it over Christmas, given that he gave most of it away.  Once that is done, we MUST attend to the kitchen floor, so that will fill the day quite nicely.  I'm hoping to get a few minutes in the studio while he is making the shortbread.  I do believe that the sewing is becoming an addiction, as I find myself getting a little anxious when I am away from it for two or three days in a row.  I guess there are worse addictions.

Keep warm ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment