Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kharma

I have been off my anti-inflamatories since Monday. and am finding out how much they do for me. As a result I am sore, tired and cranky. The shoulder strap on my new bathing suit broke, and one of the straps on my purse has broken.  The last couple of days have been a hassle, with getting over to Grace for a pre-surgical assessment, over to 7-Oaks for a respiratory assessment, and to my pool class both days , knowing that it will be more than a week before I can go again.  Lately I have felt that I was on a roller coaster with no way to get off.  I knew that going to pool class would impact on life style, but I had no idea how much.  And January is always a very long month in terms of the pension, so I've been keeping  a close eye on that.

Today, was my little quilt group.  Before Christmas, the ladies had told me that they would buy fabric over the holidays, and would be wanting to start their own quilt, but would be looking for my advice and assistance with that.  My commitment to the organization was finished at the end of December, and I had spoken with the President about it, saying that I didn't feel the group was truly viable and that , while I would attend when I could, I would no longer consider myself "in charge".  so yesterday evening I got a call from one of the ladies asking if I would be there this morning.  I told her yes, and asked if they had their projects.  "No, we didn't have chance to shop over the holidays"  I told her that I had nothing planned for them, but would see her in the morning.  Well, of course I then had to go downstairs and quickly put together a "hands on" project for today. So that took care of the morning.

Then we had to go out for pills and a bit of shopping.  I was exhausted, tired and cranky after that.  Finally we were home and there was mail--including a letter for me from the income tax department.  Does anyone like getting mail from the income tax department?  Well, it was a letter telling me that last year's taxes had be re-calculated and that they were enclosing a cheque for $423. SAY WHAT!!!  Mind you they had to include a note saying that $8.69 of that amount was interest and that I must be sure to claim that on my taxes for 2013

At that point I almost cried.  And how was your day?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment