Thursday, January 1, 2015

A fresh start

for a new year.  We sat at home and ate "horses duvvers" too.  Jim put on Dave Clarks Rocking NewYears Eve, from New York, and promptly fell asleep. I think he might have stayed awake for sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail.   He loves both those movies and can watch them over and over.  Today we are slicing up our Toupe Ham and hauling it to the Levy at the Legion.  The drinks aren't free this year. Thanks to the Liquor Control Board we have to charge $2.50.  Still a big drop in price from regular and it is still a thank you from the Legion to its members.  No new snow here.... in fact very little snow at all.  Last year it was over our living room window and today I can still see the grass poking up under the shelterbelt.  I can't decide if I want more snow or not.  Our yard could be very dry by spring, but most of the area around us still has high water tables from last year.  We are competing in Crib again, but as Jim pointed out, even if we win, we can't even afford to go to the Provincials this year.  You get reimbursed, but not until after you spend the money and we are very tight this year.  Oh well, I enjoy playing the game.  Everyone asks how crib got to be a sport, but I don't care... it is the only sport I am involved in.  Lotsa hugs and kisses to all your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment