Sunday, January 4, 2015

A little rest from shoveling to write a note.....

I have been out all morning shoveling - lots of snow over last few days . But a reprieve of sorts from a forecast of rain/ freezing rain last night and this morning that did not materialize. Still a weather warning in place but from what I see we should be alright!
I made cookies yesterday to use up some ripe bananas and to use up the mincemeat I had left over from making tarts before Christmas.  The mincemeat was used in the old raisin cookie recipe from home - replaced the raisins with the mincemeat and the taste is very nice. Moist and delicious! So I just had a few while I rest haha
I started to sew together my hexis and although the traditional "flower" shape, I am loving what is happening. If I can I will send a picture when I get more of it done.The papers are falling out as I sew and although a nuisance, at least it proves to me that they will in fact come out when I actually want them to.
Well, time to get out there again and clean up some more of this lovely white stuff!  What are you folks up to?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment