Friday, January 23, 2015

Thanks for warning.....

I am just waiting for a storm to come through as per forecast. The winds are blowing a bit but not much yet with no appreciable snow yet. The temps are also moderate here at -3 degrees but tomorrow is supposed to be at zero with freezing drizzle. At this point I am prepared for anything and can't worry until it comes. But you are right about your weather conditions hitting me here a few days after you.
Some time ago Harry bought a pasta making machine. it did not have instructions so a phone call to the company (Betty Crocker) resulted in getting them in the mail.  Yesterday I found the machine stored downstairs and proceeded to make a batch. We are missing the measuring containers for flour and liquid but I improvised and estimated amounts to make a dough of proper consistency and then used the macaroni disc to squeeze out the shaped pasta. Actually it was fun, and produced nice tasting pasta which I cooked for supper.There are different discs to make lasagna and other shapes. we are missing the spaghetti disc but there is a slightly smaller one that I think may work OK. Will have to experiment a bit.
I went up to the Library yesterday to see if they had any John Sandford novels. They have a whole shelf but not The Kidd Novels series,  So the Librarian has ordered the first of the series for me from Central Library. In meantime I took out Louise Penny's novel The Long Way Home and started it last night. So far, so good!
Today I hope to get back to sorting pictures and placing in albums all labelled with names and dates etc.It is tedious but will be fulfilling once I get it done. On the other hand, I'd also like to get out my hexis so maybe i'll have to toss a coin haha  I have scalloped potatoes, and pealmeal bacon planned for supper and if I hold to my desires, I shall throw an Apple Crisp in the oven as well!
So, it is Friday again, and i send good wishes to all for a pleasant time. I guess with your balmy weather Pati and Dave will be working in their yard with shirt sleeves on and  pina coladas to drink??haha   Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment