Friday, January 23, 2015

Coffee mugs

My Koop mugs are safe and sound, hanging from the hooks over the fridge.  I'm sending the ugly black mugs I paid well for at Eaton's, off to the thrift store, along with the mugs we brought back form the lake and never use..  This means that the fancy mugs sit in my cupboard waiting to be used.  I have had Regency Blue and Harlington Lane for awhile,but have now added Spring Meadow and English Chintz.  There were a couple of other designs, One of the them the china that David's |Mother kept at the lake--with a red pattern just below the rim,--and a bit of a dark filigree border.  While it is pretty, we both agreed that it brought back some memories, not all good, and we would both prefer not to have it in the house.   I have to admit that I prefer the ones with as little gold as possible, so that it can go in the microwave.  And yes, the gold will slowly disappear in the dishwasher.  But these are to use, not be just pretty.

David says to tell you that he thinks that his home made sourdough bread trumps your home made pasta.  I refuse to get tinvolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment