Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Befuddled

Yes, a day when my brain appears to have left for the coast.  I am putting the finishing touches on a couple of dye baths, while David bakes bread.  At the same time we are trying  to set up a means of my sewing over the next few days while my machine is in the shop.  Everything seems to be in chaos.  And without my spending time in the basement, that area is getting a little chaotic as well.  We organized things so that, when I needed something, I would be able to tell him exactly where it was so that he could find it.  What we didn't plan on was what would happen when something went back to the basement. Today we have been unable to find the power cord for the Pfaff.  After the initial panic,  David, always pragmatic, just used the power cord from the Janome, and it works just fine.  Go figure!

Working on dye baths takes place in the laundry room.  And since I still very much need to minimize trips up and down the stairs,  I spend time there waiting for things to happen.  This leads me to look around, and think about the last time we gave the area a thorough cleaning.  I think it was within a week of us moving in, 15 1/2 years ago, when Darren took a sledge hammer to the concrete laundry sinks we found.  Guess we should think about cleaning it again.  David has tidied regularly, given his wine making, but I mean sort it all out and wash the floor cleaning.

I do have a date for my next surgery--May 22.  This means we also have a time frame for jobs that will need doing before hand.  

In my continued, and many years in progress, search for the world's most beautiful coffee mug, I have been slowly searching out and buying Royal Albert commemorative mugs.  ( Filled the space allocated to the Kathryn Koop mugs) These are in some of Royal Albert's most popular patterns from over the years,  The other day we found some and I bought myself one.  Then David snuck in behind me an bought a second one as a surprise.  This gives me four, all different patterns.  Now these aren't hanging on the wall, I actually use them for my tea, and wash them in the dishwasher.  You both must come for tea one day.

But otherwise life goes on.  David's computer is still away for servicing. so I'm unable to post pictures on the blog.  Oh Well----

No comments:

Post a Comment