Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sh-h-h. don't scare it. ( A catch-up day)

I do believe that, after all this time, my little orchid has a bud or two.  This is the one that Loren gave me in Dec 2013.  The flowers it had then lasted several months, and we have been caring for it, according to directions, ever since.

Today we did just about nothing, except cook a turkey---a 24+ pound-er.  Why on earth would two old fogies even buy a 24 lb turkey you ask?  I have absolutely no idea.  I guess the price was right.  Any way it;s done, We had some for supper, and now we will have meat for the rest of February.

I wanted to get a print of one--just one--picture off my camera card.  Took it into the store with the kiosk.  What a production!   We ended up giving up, when the machine refused to accept any date later than 2013 for finding any pictures.  Finally someone came to help us.  He suggested that we send the image to a processor via the internet.  Said we would get better quality printing and better quality paper that way.  I may need to have more prints made next week, so I'll just wait until then and get it all done at once--probably at the expensive camera store.

Went grocery shopping yesterday.  We were blown away at the prices for veggies, amongst other things.  When we got home and I had a chance to think about it, I guess we are seeing the effect of the falling loonie.  And, according to the news, it isn't going to improve any time soon.

Decided to go to the library to see if I could get the Louise Penny book you mentioned, Beth.  Not only do they have it, but they can get it for me, in large print, within the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment