Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Turning on base heaters

I actually turned on some heaters not already on, and turned up some others including plugging in a space heater in the basement. - all because it should be in the high minus thirties tonight. I do not like to turn up the heat, but would rather do this than try to thaw frozen pipes! Still have snow and snow squalls in the area. We drove to Huntsville today to deliver some things to Harry's brotherinlaw and the weather and driving were not good. When we got back home we heard of a 7 car pile up right where we had driven on the highway and another one farther up closing the highway.Sometimes you feel lucky!
At the ReStore I bought a movie (VHS) and then another at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. I like to buy old classics as I love watching these- Brigadoon, and State Fair. Most often they are musicals with lots of dancing and the old famous stars such as Gene Kelly and Cid Charisse in Brigadoon, and Pat Boone, Ann-Margret in State Fair. And best of all they are usually $1.00, or 50 cents each.
This morning our new Keurig coffee machine acted up strangely - I turned it on to heat up, and water started to spout out continuously and would not stop until I pulled the plug. Then Harry looked at it, and the machine then stopped completely and would not turn on.This afternoon I phoned the 1-800 number given and after finally connecting with the right dept, we began a troubleshooting demonstration with us at the machine and the women on the phone prompting us - incidentally from Georgia, USA with her strong Georgian accent. We went step by step and long story short (although I found it to be a very entertaining 45 minutes) got the machine working again. She told me about things I should do that I had NOT read in the instructions, and which because of, possibly caused the problem?  Time will tell, and here's hoping that I will get my morning coffee without undo stress tomorrow morning haha!
I am halfway through another Brad Thor novel with his hero Scot Harvath. so shall end now and head to bed to read more. It has been awhile since I found myself wanting to read before bed, and I am enjoying it!  I might look at updating my eReader which I have not used for months, and maybe download some new books.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment