Sunday, January 18, 2015

Roofs and rain.....

The remainder of the roof left undone from last week became a problem as the temperature rose overnight and today it started to drizzle.  So out i went and attempted to clear it. Of course the snow is now heavy duty weight and the roof rake was sticking each time I pulled down on it. What a pain!  That was only the beginning as then I had to shovel the piles away from the house.  This is when I started thinking about "friends' or the lack thereof, in reference to the blog messages over the weekend. Oh, how I could have used a friend. Even just to stand there and talk with me haha!  Oh well, I did only the bare minimum and then came in to make supper. But, and this is a big but, I poured myself a glass of wine!! I thought about it with each shovel of wet snow, so my anticipation was at a high. The first sip was wonderful.
This morning I fashioned myself a small draw string bag, I did not make it with hexis but instead I sewed strips of fabric randomly in shape and colour, and then sort of squared it off, sewed up the sides and bottom and made a drawstring top. I just had to sew something - it was a very strong need for me to sit at my machine and do something.  So I am happy with this bag. I shall put my runes in it. It is a bit big for the five runes but nevertheless, it is hand made and will be special for me.
Have supper on the go now, and then I will rest up and prepare for our weekly trip to North Bay in the morning.
So, into another week we go.....hope all is well with youl. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment