Friday, January 30, 2015

Crossing my fingers....

Received a call yesterday from the Salvation Army Thrift Shop. They had found an earring that matched the description I had given. They said the clasp at back was broken. I hope this is the real deal as I am so excited. We couldn't drive up immediately as we have had a storm come through- Alberta Clipper- with snow and winds. This morning it seems more settled but most likely we will go next week. The Store will keep it at cashier and I will take the second earring to verify match. Keep fingers crossed!  Actually the night of the loss, I received a call back from Value Village as well - they had an earring but his description indicated the earring they had had stones of some sort on front. I will still follow up with them. My appreciation of helpfulness was underestimated as I never expected any feedback. I guess there are people who do care! Too many cases people receiving such a request do nothing to followup.
Harry intends to open up the greenhouse Monday- get it heated and plant seeds. This coming week it is supposed to be cold. Apparently, this much anticipated annual phase of my life is about to start. To make it even better, I have to do that weekly Food Record for Nielsen. Starting Sunday, every day for seven days chart everything both of us ate, or drank, or nibbled on.
So marching orders in hand I approach the weekend with glee.  Hope you have a great weekend. At least you have water Pati! Did you also lose your hydro as I read in the WFP? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment