Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Tuesday Stitchers

This group of ladies have been meeting for years.  We have always met in the living room and the hostess serves coffee or tea in fancy cups and there is always a tray of dainties.  This is the only time I use my fancy cups. there were 8 or 9 of us when we started meeting over 20 years ago, but now, by attrition, the group is small,.  There are only  4 of the original ladies left, and one newbie.  My friend Susanne, whom I met shortly after we moved back to Winnipeg in "75, is the youngest, then me, and the rest are in their mid-80's.  I am the only one still married, so I really have to watch what I say about married life.

Getting ready for them brought back memories of Mom and the Spinsters.  Remember when we heard "The Spinsters are coming",  it meant that the whole house would be turned upside down and thoroughly cleaned?  From somewhere, she would find a tablecloth for the kitchen table--the only time there was ever one on it!  The other thing I remembered was the 12 special teacups with the large dish/saucer with the special place for the cup and the rest a plate for food.  We've talked about this before, and didn't you say you had lost your set in the fire,Cathy?


Today, my second class with the new physio, she very abruptly discharged me.  I'm not happy with the decision, but have no say in it.  She feels that with my bad hips and pending surgery on the other knee, any hope of further strengthening is quite limited.    I saw the surgeon yesterday, and he is pleased with my progress.  Now the initiative to continue with my exercise program is entirely on me--and that's not a good thing.  David's Blue Cross kicks in February 1st, so if worse comes to worst, I can go back to the private physio a couple of times.  Maybe a quick re-assessment every 6 weeks, or so, would help keep me on the straight and narrow.


Today, after several weeks of "discussion" David took his computer in for servicing.  I'm sort of glad we didn't put it off any longer, as it is still under warrantee, and the cost will be minimal.  It's less than a year old. and several problems have arisen.  Funny, mine is many years old and just keep trucking along.  Now if only my sewing machine performed as well.


time to go.  My friend Rose Anne is coming over for awhile this evening.  I enjoy her visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment