Sunday, January 25, 2015

Long Week

I had a Meeting in Winnipeg on Wednesday and then Cribbage in Portage yesterday.  We are supposed to move on in doubles, but since we really can't afford to go, if Charlene backs out in singles we will probably back out too.  When you share the expense it's not so bad, but on our own is a bit much.  The club reimburses after the fact.  I would really love to make it to Dominion once, but we can't afford Ontario how would we get to Alberta!  Our old dog, Nika is showning her age.  I found a large cyst on her side that had burst open and infecton was pouring out.  I cleaned it up, but she probably should have antibiotics and stiches.  On the other hand she is much happier now and moving around a lot more. I am taking a week off in February.  Just to clean house.  Every time I take a week off to clean it gets very dirty again before i take my next week off to clean.  there is something not quite right about this?!  Isn't there someone in the house full time?  I must be mistaken.  I have to move my cookbooks today.  The shelf is bending under the weight.  Isn't it weird that you can get any recipe you could ever want on line, but there is something about browsing a cookbook for ideas....And even after all that you go back to your old standbys..... Daddy's Ribs tonight.  I tried a roast pork recipe that sounded really good.   WAAAAAAYY too much garlic, even for Jim and I.  I have pieces in the freezer hoping to flavour will fade a bit.  And speaking of freezers, out fridge freezer went and now the fridge is acting up.  Sometimes the fridge is warm and sometimes it freezes stuff.  Sometimes the freezer part is good and the next day everything is melted.  It's a good thing that we just picked up a new beer fridge.  I said it was in better shape than our kitchen fridge.  I guess I should have kept my  mouth shut.  Now we just need help to move them around. I need the exercise going up and down stairs for stuff. The fridge is running at about 43 F  right now, which is okay for most things.  Jim has roused himself from bed finally.  Maybe I can have some breadfast now.

No comments:

Post a Comment