Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sleeping seems to have left me...

Must be the weather and time of year. Toss and turn until I finally get up - early!  I have a soup already on the stove cooking, and thinking of the dumplings I plan to add just before serving tonight Yummy!  Long story but Harry bought a small Rotisserie oven at the thrift store yesterday in North Bay and on way home I bought a chicken to do for supper. As it turned out the chicken was too big to turn in the rotisserie so it was cut up and boiled. This morning I am using the stock to make a hearty veg soup with cut up chicken. I am hoping my idea of dumplings will be more successful than your attempt Pati in slow cooker haha! Smells good cooking though as I sit with my second coffee on this cold morning.We were to North Bay yesterday to shop and other chores.  I bought some Lottery tickets for tonight's draw at the kiosk in the mall hoping a change in location may result in better luck. Think so? I finished putting the backing on the hooked rug on Sunday so took it to Mike and it looks great on his floor. Mike was out but Erin was home so had a nice coffee and visit with her. I had seen Willie the day before as he had a very early (7 am) Day Surgery appointment at the Hospital and I went up to take him. He does not manage these things very well, and being put to sleep bothers him so I hope my presence helped him through better? I guess we are always "Mothers"? Today may be a "take it easy day" but not sure at this point. I haven't been able to do any hexis for a long time and would like to get that out. But then the roof keeps beckoning me - so much snow and I haven't cleaned it off since before Christmas. How was your ladies day yesterday Pati? I thought about you and hoped you had a nice day. Do they work in the studio downstairs or upstairs now that you have moved things? Well, time to get on with the day. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment