Thursday, January 1, 2015

Not only a new day but a new year

We sound like such party people!!  We only have the capacity to watch the movies the cable tv offers us, so we both played poker until about 11:00, and then watched the news.  Neither turned out to be very exciting.  Just before Christmas, we bought some bulk food snacks as part of a fund raiser Amber was involved in, so our "fancy vittles" were snack size Pringles potato chips, or Hawkins Cheezies--not really anyone's idea of hors d'oerves.  But we did have some store-bought ebb nog and opened some of the Cuban rum we have.  Today we are out for supper, and Amber may be joining us, for our usual evening's entertainment.  This is the last little bit of our extra cash combined with most of what I made in Pinawa last month,  Then it's back to the hope one finds in lottery tickets.

I hope you both have a wonderful year. There is joy any time a baby is involved, Cathy. Beth, your life is full of things to do, even if you wish it weren't, but you're not bored.  I'm not being "snarky", I think boredom kills the soul faster than anything else. I believe in the circle of life, and you both deserve something special over the next while.  I read the year long horoscopes in the paper last week and Pisces sounds good--talking about an improvement in health.  Aries sounded encouraging as well, but as always, the predictions leave quite a bit to free will.  Dammit!  I'm tired of being responsible for my life, can't someone else take over?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment