Friday, November 3, 2017

A book

I've been reading a book.  It needs another word to adequately describe it, but I can't think of one.  The title is "The Elegance of the Hedgehog", by Muriel Barberry.  The format is a series of essays about life, written by an older widow and an 12 year old girl, who live in the same block of condominiums in Paris.  Sounds pretty grim doesn't it?  But I can't put it down.  A lot of philosophy, some of which is beyond me, but two very different ways of looking at the world.  There was no reference to the title until page 143, but if I hadn't read those pages the reference would have made no sense at all.

A quiet day.  Laundry day, so that meant changing the bed linen--always a tiresome job.  But I did get some time in the studio.  I'm grateful for that.  Tomorrow I volunteer at the gallery in Selkirk, and then Sunday is the opening reception.  I've baked the cookies, and tomorrow evening will ice them.  David has already pulled out my flat cake plate to serve them on.  I have two.  One is a art deco, and bright yellow, but he made sure it is the newer, and more elegant one.  I got an e-mail today from one of the other ladies, saying that she had noticed a dangling thread on one of my pieces.  She wanted to warn me so I could fix it.  But she didn't tell me which one!  Guess I find out tomorrow.  I'll try to blog, but may not be able to find the time.  we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment