Sunday, November 26, 2017

Strange weekend

for the first time in years I did not spend all day working at the craft sale. No set up, no take down and no spending all day working. I did one shift (ok, almost two shifts cause I helped Rrain out) but I left after my shift. I really dudn’t Know what to do with my free time. And there was no Dickens’ reading today cause MTC is bringing “A Christmas Carol” in December. We went home after my shift but came back for the parade at 6pm. Today I cleaned the fridge. Found 13 frozen bananas. I told Jim he gets no more bananas unless he eats them. I mashed them all and froze them in two cup bags. I found a whole bunch of freezer burnt veggies in the freezer so I put them in the stock  pot and made vegetable stock. It actually tastes pretty good. I will freeze it in soup sized bags for later. And now I have cooked a tray of frozen h’ors  d’oerves (store bought) and we will eat them while the grey cup is on.  Pretty lazy weekend. I think I needed it cause I seem to be getting bitchier and bitchier at work. I needed a bit of down time. Oh no!  Jim told me he just broke one of our tv tables!  They can’t be more than 25 years old!  Things just don’t last very long 😜.   Grey cup is starting.   What a snow storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment