Thursday, November 30, 2017

Slaving away

Slaving away in the studio, and glad to by busy, although I still haven't received the threads I need to start on the reliquary.  The bookmarks are finished for the sale next weekend, and I've made one small quilt. Hoping to finish another today.  The grey hexie bag is done, and I should be able to get another done before sale day.

This frenzy has, again, demonstrated how limited the space is in the studio, especially so, when I have all of the supplies ready for the reliquary, just sitting there.  I've been giving this some thought.  There is room in the closet, but the floor is covered with bags of hexies, and the other sewing machine with all of its accouterments.  With all of the culling being done downstairs there are many empty drawers in my rolling cabinets.  Today, I'm going to try seeing if I can actually empty one rolling cabinet by combining the stuff, from one, into  some of those empty drawers.  That empty cabinet could then come up and into the closet.  This would clear most of the flat surfaces in the studio, and give the illusion of more working space, if not the reality.

I managed to pick up the latest Louise Penny book at the library, even though I'm on the waiting list for it.  Knowing how much I've gained by re-reading the books after a bit of time, I left my name on the list, hoping to get it again after a couple of months.  Wouldn't you know it, my name was next on the list, and it's been waiting for me since Tuesday, after being taken back on Monday.  I'll have to go in today and let them know, and maybe have my name put back on the end of the list.

Grocery shopping and paying bills Tuesday, and yesterday Amber took us to Costco for more of the hummus I'm loving.  We also picked up hamburger, so today is Power Cooking day for spaghetti sauce and chili.  Thank Goodness for slow cookers!

No comments:

Post a Comment