Sunday, November 19, 2017

One extra, special purchase

With all of my trips to Selkirk lately, I've noticed a little covered casserole in the gift shop that appeals to me.  I guess I mentioned it a couple of times to David, and yesterday morning he told me that, if I really wanted it, to buy it.  ( Maybe to make up for the sweater that I didn't get?)

Soon after getting to the gallery, I mentioned wanting it, and that my husband hadn't really wanted me to buy it. Since we were in the process of re-arranging the gift shop a bit, at the time, the ladies suggested that we put it in a special place on one of the shelves, and that if no-one bought it by closing, then it was meant to be mine.



Here is the little vignette I have arranged on top of my fridge.  The round dish at the back isn't visible from the floor, but everything else is.  The blue on the pot fits in quite nicely with the blues in the rest of the room.  But--the special thing--the handle/figure on the lid is a sitting PIG!!  Another special part of it is that I have known the artist for many years, and it's been a pleasure to see how his skill and artistic sense has grown.

While Friday was warm ( +6), and yesterday and today around -10, the forecast for tomorrow is for rain.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment