Tuesday, November 7, 2017

OK so far....

Counting my blessings so far but I know my time will come when the snow shall come and stay.  A bit more cleanup accomplished yesterday in the yard and in taking stuff to the new shed. Gave the letter of termination for the old shed yesterday so the clock is now ticking. The front room is looking better and I can almost envision being able to sit and maybe get the real tree up for Christmas this year. Funny to see the dog yesterday jump up onto one of the cleared spaces on a chesterfield and sniff around - I could see his little mind working and wondering "What is this wonderful place to jump up and lay down on ?"  And later I saw the big cat do the same. They may be in their glory as well haha! However then we discovered the little cat curled up in a small empty box  - go figure!
No Huntsville trips today - even it is is Tuesday. We went up to North Bay on Sunday instead so that will suffice for this week ( I hope) We shall try to do as much work as we can as the long range forecast predicts days of snow ahead. Yuck.  In my spare moments (don't laugh) I am trying to finish my knitted variegated red hat for winter. I made an orangy variegated one and now want this red one completed to compliment a red scarf I have. I hope to go to at least one of the local Christmas craft shows to see if I can buy a pair of red mitts. I have never tried to knit mitts myself and although I have a pattern, I wonder at any attempt on my own - probably never get finished. The old knitted hats that Harry's Mother made for me are all pretty old and ratty - I wear them outside now to do the cleanup work.
When we were in North Bay we went into the local Sears store - such a change in the store with signs all over - liquidation 25 to 50% off and stuff all over the aisles and piled on tables. I shutter to see this store looking this way as I truly liked to wonder around the old store. It reminded me of the good old stores in Winnipeg. When it first opened the locals did not like it as they had never seen a store that wasn't the now accepted box stores with cashiers in rows at the front. Sears had a cashier desk at each department and the flow of the store was pleasant.  I actually went to see if there might be any winter boots for me - I desperately need a new pair.  They had boots but still at 25% off I was looking at close to $100.00 and since my usual shopping experiences are going to Value Village or the Rebuilt Resources or the Thrift Store, I was hesitant to indulge. 
When I win the Lottery, I shall buy myself a new pair of boots!!
Time for my spinach scramble. Harry came to me last night to ask "Why do I always see a little dish with two eggs in the fridge?" He didn't register at all that I prepare my breakfast fare the night before whether its the oatmeal dish I love, or this scramble that I love - it is easier for me in the early morning to grab the laid out ingredients quickly thus no fuss to make the dish. I had a bit of a chuckle.
So onwards we go folks, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment