Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A new experience for me unexpected

The usual trip to Huntsville yesterday netted me some excitement.  First I found an acceptable hat and scarf for Erin with aqua highlights at WalMart of all places.  It will appease my anxiety about getting her this gift as it has been playing on my mind.  I say acceptable because it isn't exactly what I had in mind, but it is close enough to be gifted.  Then I bought myself my own Tim Hortons 2017 mug. Their selection this year is lovely - four chooses of colour and design but I choose the standard Tim's reddish colour (which I love) with deers on the motif.  I am sipping my coffee in it as we speak. It holds my hands nicely which is important in a favourite mug haha!
On our way home through Burks Fall ( Harry goes to the Donation Store there)  I happened on another store that I had no idea was there. It happened that Harry thought he forget to get an item he purchased at the Donation store so he stopped just over the bridge at a little strip mall to check ( not a mall in terms of what you folks know as a strip mall) It contains the bowling alley and the restaurant and the Attorney generals office and a ski doo store but also another little store tucked in the middle. The sign said it was a wool store. So I hopped out while Harry drove back to get his forgotten item.  What an exciting find for me.  I felt I was in heaven.  As soon as I stepped into the store the lady said "Oh let me see your hat"  I wore my new red hat that I had just finished the night before. We struck up a wonderful conversation. The store was full of all that is good in life. That is, wool, and accessories and made items, and generally much to look at and covet haha!  Oh how I wished I could have looked at everything but maybe there is another trip needed here? I did buy a pair of crocheted "yoga socks" as a gift for Erin though - never seen anything like this but I am sure she will enjoy and use at her classes. No knitted mitts in aqua that I was looking for, but at this point I didn't care.  
So a good feeling day for me.  And really that's all we need, isn't is? Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment