Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Gosh...mild again

And they call for rain this afternoon.  This is NOT fair at all.  I was all set for Winter and what comes with it - not more melting and water!
The wine was done and now sits majestically on the wine racks nicely capped and labelled. Thank you Beth .....haha! I don't know who is going to drink it, but it is there.
Now here is a little bit of something new for me...For the longest time I have been fussing over the old days and my short time with VON and subsequent lay off.  The Executive Director at the time - the one who hired me - was a nice lady and we connected in many ways as friends with likes of a similar nature. At the time of "restructuring" VON replaced this lady with another ED but held her one by giving her another job within the organization. Then of course, this new ED changed things immediately and I was dismissed.  I do not know what role if any this lady had in the restructuring and changes and maybe it doesn't matter. But Pati when you mentioned reconnecting with an old acquaintance some time back, I started to think again about what if I were to do the same this this lady? You always read that women need to create / sustains their relationships with the "sisterhood" and since I don't really have any relationships to speak of, I thought I better start to create some!  Yesterday I found an old cell phone number of this lady from way back - took an deep breathe, and telephoned her.
She answered and was delighted! We shall start to email for now, and who knows maybe the friendship that was once there may  surface again. But I want nothing of the old job or the old issues I had/ have with it. I am hoping for a new start. So what do you think of this situation.?  Am I heading in the right direction?
Well, on to another day here. Tomorrow I go to the Doctors and our usual weekly trip to Huntsville - I guess I better have a bath tonight haha!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment