Thursday, November 23, 2017

Knock knock - opportunity here.....

Sounds wonderful Pati, and I am so glad you opened the door to this opportunity. Isn't it a good feeling to accept rather than decline, just because.  Now I hope you have a fun day in spite of what the outcome may be. It's networking at its best.
The neighbour Ruth appeared at the back door yesterday just as I was organizing the groceries from our trip to Huntsville. I couldn't open the door fully because I had all the empty wine boxes and empty white plastic containers piled there to go to the shed. So through a slit in the door we spoke for a bit with me apologizing for not appearing welcoming. Although what would I have done if the door could have been opened ? She wants us to visit this Christmas and "no buts about it". She had asked us to come last year and I never responded to which she commented on...I felt terrible. However, an open invitation to me is not a real invitation eg please come this evening and name a day specifically, rather than say "drop in for a visit sometime".  Her hip replacement surgery is scheduled for Dec 13 so this leaves us little time to "come over" before she becomes incapacitated for a bit. Boy, life can get complicated sometimes.  And then I had to call Mike and Erin to finalize our plans to visit them. Boy, talk about complicated!  All shall be well, I am sure but at the time, I shutter with awkwardness, and I'm always the one having to make the arrangements (and the one to have to decline in regards to the neighbours requests). 
So on with the day ahead.  I love this time in the early morning but it doesn't last long enough haha!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment