Monday, November 27, 2017

Sitting back

Cathy, one of the advantages of reaching our advanced age, is that we can step back and let others take over without feeling any guilt at all.  I've also found that I don't feel any guilt when they call for volunteers, and I'm able to say to myself--I did my bit last year, or 10 years ago--and now I don't feel any obligation to step forward for this.  I can pick and choose those activities that I feel comfortable with.  e.g. I no longer feel any obligation to help take down tables and stack chairs.  Sometimes I stick in the middle of things and look busy, and sometimes I just get out of the way.

This isn't to say that I don't still over-extend myself and end up taking on too much.  Six days this month, out at the gallery in 
Selkirk--craziness!

The weekend was spent putting together two small quilts to take to the craft show  Dec 8&9.  I cut the fabric and pieced them yesterday, and then pin basted them today.  Got blood on the top of one, bad words ensued, and then I spit on it ( your own saliva can help get out blood--as most needle workers know)  Then I sprayed it with Resolve, and watched it disappear.  Thank Goodness!  Tonight I hope to finish the book marks I'm making, and maybe even get in a poker tournament--it's been awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment