Saturday, November 11, 2017

Winter

Yesterday was winter at its worst.  Falling snow, blowing snow, and wind.  My friend Gail, and her nephew who lives with her, were planning to come in to Costco to do a big shopping.  They were also going to meet David and I for coffee.  All sorts of phone calls, decisions on what vehicles to use. At first David hadn't planned to join us.  Between them there were four vehicles available, and after discussion, they decided to bring his truck, but then needed to find some sort of step stool, so that I could climb into it.  Then David and I decided to take our own car, so that was fine.  All day on the radio there were weather updates. About 5:00 the man says that the weather was deteriorating by the minute, and everyone was advised to get off and stay off the highway.  So I called her and asked if we really wanted to do this.  She was somewhat wanting to proceed, but then thought about it and realized that, by the time they had shopped, and we had had our coffee it would be late, dark, and they would still have to make their way home to into the country.

Next Friday we have a birthday party for Amber's girls.  This meant gifts, and yesterday, we stopped into Sears to see if we could find the blanket that Samantha has asked for.  Fairly busy, and lots on display, but I couldn't see where the prices were cut by much.  The shelves where blankets and bed covers are usually found were bare, but we finally found something on a table that would suit.  I anticipated a lengthy wait at one of the two pay stations in the store, but we got through right away.  I have to wonder how much is actually being sold there.

Otherwise, I don't appear to be doing anything but sitting around and procrastinating over my job list.  Right now there is a detailed, time framed, studio job list, but none for the household.  That may be my task for the day--a household job list.  David has one.  He's blowing snow right now, but has planned to make a batch of shortbread later in the day.  If Gail makes it into town today, we may even go out for coffee.  Starbucks is having a sale on their fancy coffees and we don't want to miss it.

There are times when I regret not making more out of the time I have left, but at other times, I feel blessed at being able to make decisions about my time, and to actually spend a day, without guilt, puttering over nothing, or reading a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment