Monday, November 20, 2017

Wine and other stuff...

After shoveling for a few hours, I spent most of the rest of the day washing wine bottles. Harry decided it was time to bottle so we have three full large white plastic containers sitting on the kitchen floor ready to do today. I had to finish the bottles though before we could move ahead with that next step scheduled for today.
Cathy for me it is always the anticipation that makes any outing exciting and without it, maybe less desirable. Although I have many spontaneous outings which I do not like, I still like the idea to be looking forward to an event. We have heard back from Mike and Erin and they will be going to Toronto for Christmas. So that leaves Harry and I to make plans for ourselves.  Oh, we'll plan a Sat or Sun just before Christmas to go to Mike's but for Christmas Day it looks as if we will register to attend the Dinner at the Legion. We went once before and it was a pleasant day.  I will have to phone today to get our name on the list - it is a popular event here in Sundridge.
Pati, your fridge top vignette looks nice and I can appreciate your fastidious desire to own that lovely piece of pottery and then arrange to your liking.  Imagine, a little pig atop the dish.
Well, many things to do today apparently including shoveling as I did not get it all done yesterday and more snow has fallen since.  I need to decide in my mind just how much I should do this year - no way for me to be as motivated as I have been in previous years to make paths all around the yard, So it will be just shoveled to the important areas such as compost, and bird feeders and of course the driveway but I always have to look to the future and to February when it has to be cleared around the greenhouses - that can be a pain.
So here's to a new week folks - enjoy the winter which is apparently here with a vengeance. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment