Thursday, October 29, 2009

Be - I'm back

From where you ask? I was at Mothers for an extended visit.... that's right - a sleep over. She needed to produce a urine specimen and fecal occult blood specimens. If you have done these you know that you have to smear two smears on each collection pad and need to do this with three separate evacuations. Mother was in crisis as she does not have the visual or manual dexterity to complete. So guess who moved in to help !! No further detail is needed suffice to say the dirty deed is done and I dropped the required objects at the lab on my way home this afternoon. I did not sleep even one minute and I am so tired I think I'll crash into bed as soon as I am finished this note. The only good thing about it was that I took our dog with me and so had some comfort in having her to take out for a walk and to play with in order to put in some of the time. I did a lot of housework - vacuuming, laundry etc and of course the meals. It means so much for Mother to have someone there that I really cannot complain too much because I am helping.
Patty, I read your Mouse Factory Blog and feel terrible for you. How frequently does this happen? and is there not an Artist's unwritten ethical consciousness or even an Artist's "collective" that could band together to help thwart such conduct. I keep thinking about how particular you were to get permission to use those special hand made buttons on your work and to acknowledge that Artist. Feel proud that you have and keep such a high standard and professional ethical approach.
The other day this house was a bakery for Christmas Fruit Cakes - 21 loaves made! Took two days to get ready to cut up, to mix, to prepare the pans and to fill the pans. Then three batches to bake them all - seven loaf pans only could fit into the oven at one time. Then a trip to the LCBO for Brandy - and it went onto the cakes and not a drop left for a glass up to my lips! By the way they are not all for us - most given away to family and some for gifts.
Well must go..Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment